Team Leaves Court

This happened the other night, and I haven't had a chance to look it up (but I should be early to my game tonight -- maybe I'll get a chance to look).

Play: As you arrive at the court, each team is (properly) warming up on its half of the court.  Abouot five minutes before the coin toss, the visitors leave the court and go into the hallway to talk.  After the visitors leave, the home team begins to use the entire court (in this instance to serve, but I don't think that matters).

Ruling?

Are there particular rules pertaining to actions before the pre-match conference?

I know my state has some in their rules book, but they aren't Fed rules, from what I remember.

I've looked for rules or memorada or anything but can't find anything in writing.

In practice, we don't care too much what people are doing up until about 30 min before match time. Then I would shoo them away if they are hitting over the net because we need to get at the net to measure it, adjust antennae, whatever. Then about 20 min to match time we set a 5 min timer for open warm up on their side of the court. If one team left then, I would not let the other team hit over the net and tell them that we will have timed warmups shortly, you can hit or serve then.

The only thing I can find before the pre-match conference is the officials’ responsibilities and that the home team will chose its bench upon entering the facility.

I’m thinking they should stay on their side, but I have nothing to support that beyond common sense.

(09-27-2019, 01:58 PM)yawetag Wrote:  Are there particular rules pertaining to actions before the pre-match conference?

I know my state has some in their rules book, but they aren't Fed rules, from what I remember.

I think you are right that it's a state-specific item.